Do you take dietary supplements?
Many people do- not just here in the United States, but globally. It’s big business, actually.
Below are five fairly basic questions about dietary supplements (not trick questions, honest). See what you know. Then check the link for the answers.
1. Dietary supplements can be used to help fill nutritional gaps. True or False
2. About 40% of Americans take vitamin and mineral supplements. True or False
3. In the US, dietary supplements are not regulated. True or False
4. Since dietary supplements are not drugs, they do not require scientific validation that they are safe and effective. True or False
5. The United States Pharmacopeia (USP) has the only legitimate certification program that provides assurance of dietary supplements quality. True or False
Did you jot down your answers?
Now click on this link to read a bit more about the correct answer to each question.
If you want some input about your supplements, give me a call and let’s set up a complementary consult: it can even be done over the phone. Email: email@example.com or phone/text: 614.804.0291.
Have a great day!